Lateral Extensions used for:
- Toe in Ankles (Varus) fetlocks
- Bowed and Offset Knees
- Bowed HocksOptimal correction requires early application. (Birth to 2 months due to early physis closure.)
Medial Extensions used for:
- Knock Knees (Valgus)
- Valgus Hocks(Early correction offers better response.)
Note: This shoe has little or no effect on toe out rotational deformities. This deformity often appears to be a valgus fetlock which is extremely rare in developing young horses.
Available in Shoes Only or as a Kit.
Lateral/Medial Extensions, Vettec SuperFast 50cc adhesive, tape, sticks, gloves, screws, and detailed instructions.
EXT1: Fits foals 1 to 6 weeks, Max foot width 3"
EXT2: Fits foals 6 to 12 weeks, Max foot width 3.5"
Reasons for Use:
- Easy to apply (adjustable)
- Dramatic results when used early
- Enhances dynamic stability
- Relieves stress on young bones
- Minimizes hoof and joint distortion
Caution: remove shoes as recommended to avoid unwarranted pinching effect.
We do not recommend reusing the extensions. Inside the cuff there is a felt liner that acts as a release membrane so that when you remove the cuff it does not pull at the hoof wall.
Click below to learn how to apply Dalric Extensions.