Many years ago, Dr Redden's Dalric Extension concept offered the world a fresh, new look at treating angular deformities in foals. Now he is introducing the Nanric Foal Extension, a second generation extension made of ABS plastic that is lightweight, easy to use, does not require sedation and is very effective when used on young foals.
- Varus Fetlock (toed-in).
Apply to the lateral side of the hoof. Early detection is the key, as optimum response period is 5-30 days of age.
- Varus Hock (windswept)
- Valgus Knee (knock-kneed, toed out)
The optimum window of response is 30-60 days.
How To Apply The Nanric Foal Extension:
- Valgus Hock (windswept)
- Clean the foot with a sanding block
- Fit the cuff to foot using the center toe marker as a guide. Note the cuff length at the coronary band and trim when necessary.
- Apply composite. We recommend Vettec's Super Fast for 1 week old foals and Equilox works well for older foals (though sedation may be required when using Equilox as it takes longer to cure).
- Warm the extension in cold weather to speed set time.
Age___________Duration of Wear
5 Days________5-10 Days
10 Days_______10-14 Days
2 Weeks_______2 Weeks
How to Remove the Nanric Foal Extension:
- When the Nanric Foal Extension is very secure, use a rasp or nipper to remove the extension.
- Be careful not to nip the foot!
Nanric Extension Instructions.
NANRIC Foal Extension (Pair)
SKU: 366 - Bin 3A