This steel rocker jig was designed and made by Dr. redden to aid in rockering all types of shoes on your anvil.
Below is a video of Dr. Redden rockering a Rail Shoe.
Also we have included a slideshow with tips below.
- *Put your shoe in the forge.
- *Start rockering at the heel.
- *Work the hammer towards the toe.
- *The heels automatically curl inward with the rocker.
- *Soften the heel. Concentrate on the inside branch.
- *Make a smooth transition along the foot surface.
- *The toe naturally bows due to rocker. Forge it out.
- *This forging move prevents sole pressure.
- *Check the balance of the shoe from heel to toe. This is very important.
- *Set the shoe squarely on the anvil and very gently balance the shoe on four contact points.
- *Use a dead blow technique to balance the 4 points.
- *Polish the heel smooth. Remove all hammer marks.
- *Shoe spreaders work greate to open the shoe.
- *Take a post x-ray to determine if your mechanics and placement are correct.
Redden Rocker Jig
SKU: 234 - Bin